Sunday, September 6, 2009

i love you mother

After our English class covered the topic of Mickey Mantle’s life I learned that I should express I love feelings to my family. We discussed that Mickey regrets the fact that he did not say how much he loved his father while his father was alive. So I learned if I do not say it then my family would never know and I will make a mistake like Mickey made. I decided to open my heart. Since my parent moved to San Francisco we often communicated by emails. When we were living together I did not noticed how important they were. But now I know their each positions were so valuable and greatly supports my life. To express my thoughts and feelings, this Tuesday I wrote an email to my mother. I could just call her and say that I love her but to be honest, I did not have a confidence to express my love while I was listening her voice. On email, first I explained to her who was Mickey Mantle and his relationship with his father. Then I told her what made me to say that I love her. After I send this email I felt lighter than before, as physically and mentally. Next day she wrote me back. The first sentence on her email grabbed my attention.
She said “Thank you my daughter.” When I read that sentence she touched my heart so softly. In last few months, I was very depressed and felt lonely for some reasons. Also I often cried in the dark because I missed my parent so much. But when I read her email, all those pains and tears were gone. All I did was saying “I love you and I love you so much.” My mother gave me a double of love that I offered to her. If I did not expressed my love then I would never receive this kind and love feelings from her. I wish someday that, when we are face to face, I tell her that I love her very much and thank her to give me a birth.

1 comment:

  1. Soomi,

    It was really nice that you told your mother that you love here and appreciate all she did for you. Yes, we all need to express our feelings to those who love us and care about us.

    This is a very good job.

    Please pay attention to grammar such as how to use comma after introductory elements. We will deal with this later.

    Dr. Liu

    ReplyDelete